Stow beating witness dies from apparent nut reaction
LOS ANGELES (KGO) -- A key witness in the brutal attack of Giants fan Bryan Stow has died suddenly of an apparent allergic reaction to peanuts.
Law enforcement sources say Matthew Lee, who was at Dodger Stadium with Stow the day of the attack, died Sunday after eating a salad that contained nuts.
Lee, who himself was assaulted, was considered an important witness and it is unclear how his death will impact the case.
Prosecutors say 29-year-old Louie Sanchez led a "belligerent rampage" against a number of Giants fans during and after the March 31 season opener in Los Angeles.
Sanchez and 30-year-old Marvin Norwood, were arrested July 21 and charged the next day with attacking Stow.
Stow, a 42-year-old Santa Cruz paramedic and father of two, remains hospitalized in San Francisco.
LAPD's Robbery-Homicide Division detectives are looking for additional San Francisco Giants fans from the bay area who were assaulted at Dodgers Stadium the night of the Bryan Stow beating. Calls should be directed to 1-877-LAPD-24-7. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous should call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (800-222-8477). Tipsters may also contact Crime Stoppers by texting to phone number 274637 (C-R-I-M-E-S on most keypads) with a cell phone. All text messages should begin with the letters "LAPD." Tipsters may also go to LAPDOnline.org, click on "webtips" and follow the prompts.
bryan stow, los angeles, crime, mlb
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
1 min ago
- Woman attacked by 200-pound bear
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos