Giants fans camp out at AT&T Park for fun
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- AT&T Park was sold out on Wednesday night and the San Francisco Giants aren't even playing.
They hosted their ninth-annual slumber party. Some 500 campers pitched tents and got to slumber on the field of dreams, if -- after all the excitement -- they slept at all.
"You get to camp on the field you get to meet players. It's the best, I love it," said Giants fan Sage Para.
"When you're old and gray and broke, you can say, 'I spent the night on the field where the world champion San Francisco Giants played.' You know it's all about the memories," said Giants fan Pat McGuire.
There's a 6:45 a.m. wake-up call, followed by a full breakfast, with everybody clearing out, tents and all by 9:00 a.m.
san francisco giants, at&t park, mlb
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges 42 min ago
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network 37 min ago
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Major-injury crash blocking lanes on NB I-880 34 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 20 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters 15 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors put to the test
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- San Jose police officer facing sexual...
42 min ago