Giants fans camp out at AT&T Park for fun
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- AT&T Park was sold out on Wednesday night and the San Francisco Giants aren't even playing.
They hosted their ninth-annual slumber party. Some 500 campers pitched tents and got to slumber on the field of dreams, if -- after all the excitement -- they slept at all.
"You get to camp on the field you get to meet players. It's the best, I love it," said Giants fan Sage Para.
"When you're old and gray and broke, you can say, 'I spent the night on the field where the world champion San Francisco Giants played.' You know it's all about the memories," said Giants fan Pat McGuire.
There's a 6:45 a.m. wake-up call, followed by a full breakfast, with everybody clearing out, tents and all by 9:00 a.m.
san francisco giants, at&t park, mlb
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro
- SF firefighters gain upper hand on Recology plant fire 33 min ago
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos