Judge: Stow family can go ahead with Dodger lawsuit
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The family of injured Giants fan Bryan Stow can now move forward with a lawsuit against the Los Angeles Dodgers. A bankruptcy judge says Stow's family can proceed with their negligence lawsuit once the Dodgers come out of bankruptcy, which could be as soon as next month.
Stow suffered severe head trauma after he was beaten in the parking lot of Dodger Stadium in March of last year. Stow was recently transferred out of Santa Clara Valley Medical Center and moved to another facility to get aggressive therapy.
Stow's family sued the team and its owner for failing to provide adequate security.
bryan stow, lawsuit, southern california, los angeles, mlb
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos