Judge: Stow family can go ahead with Dodger lawsuit
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The family of injured Giants fan Bryan Stow can now move forward with a lawsuit against the Los Angeles Dodgers. A bankruptcy judge says Stow's family can proceed with their negligence lawsuit once the Dodgers come out of bankruptcy, which could be as soon as next month.
Stow suffered severe head trauma after he was beaten in the parking lot of Dodger Stadium in March of last year. Stow was recently transferred out of Santa Clara Valley Medical Center and moved to another facility to get aggressive therapy.
Stow's family sued the team and its owner for failing to provide adequate security.
bryan stow, lawsuit, southern california, los angeles, mlb
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire 6 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos