Brandon Crawford settled at shortstop
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The San Francisco Giants have some question marks at first and second base this spring, but they have decided on their shortstop -- Brandon Crawford.
After three years in the minors, Crawford was brought up last year by the Giants in May. He was smooth as silk in the field, but struggled at the plate, hitting .204, with 3 home runs and 21 RBI in 196 at bats. It was tough for Crawford to deal with his lack of offensive production.
"It was frustrating struggling because I was, but it was my first year and I think I've figured some things out and I'm ready for this year," said Crawford. When asked how much more confidence does he have this year on the field and at the plate, he responded, "I'm comfortable with everybody now and I have half year under my belt, so I think my confidence will be high and my swing feels good, so that always helps."
"His priority is playing very well at short. We're just looking for good defense there and try to contribute what you can offensively which I believe he's going to surprise some people," said Giants manager Bruce Bochy.
Crawford will start the year at shortstop, but there's still a question mark at second base. I asked him since no one is sure when Freddy Sanchez will be back, if that unknown was tough for him.
"Second base baseman aren't too different, like turning double plays with and stuff like that, we'll figure some things out during spring training and hopefully Freddy's ready," said Crawford.
To get to know Crawford a little better we asked the guy from Foothill High in Pleasanton a few questions.
Shumann: What kind of car do you drive?
Shumann: Favorite color?
Shumann: Favorite song on your iPod?
Crawford: Too many, no favorite.
Shumann: How about a genre then?
Crawford: R&B, rap.
Well, Crawford hopes he has more rhythm than blues at the plate this season.
san francisco giants, at&t park, mlb, mike shumann
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 22 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
22 min ago