Miguel Cabrera leads Tigers past A's 10-6
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Miguel Cabrera broke out of a slump with two RBI hits in Detroit's eight-run third inning and the Tigers went on to beat the A's 10-6 on Thursday night.
Cabrera, who came into the game hitless in his previous 14 at-bats, finished with four hits, including an RBI double and a run-scoring single in the big third inning. Cabrera also had an RBI single in the fifth.
Alex Avila added a two-run double in the third and Delmon Young, Brennan Boesch and Ramon Santiago also had run-scoring hits in the inning as the Tigers knocked out Bartolo Colon (3-3) early in their highest-scoring game since putting up 13 runs against Boston in the third game of the season.
The Oakland A's tweeted: "Brandon Inge is the 2nd player in #Athletics history to hit 2 grand slams over a 3-game span; the other is Jimmie Foxx on Sept. 22-24, 1932."
KGO contributed to this report.
oakland athletics, mlb
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington's Skagit River
- Preliminary 5.7 earthquake hits Northern California
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- Video: America's Cup teams practice on San...
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- Hundreds of officers attend little girl's graduation
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: BART bike vote; Gov. climate change
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos