Miguel Cabrera leads Tigers past A's 10-6
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Miguel Cabrera broke out of a slump with two RBI hits in Detroit's eight-run third inning and the Tigers went on to beat the A's 10-6 on Thursday night.
Cabrera, who came into the game hitless in his previous 14 at-bats, finished with four hits, including an RBI double and a run-scoring single in the big third inning. Cabrera also had an RBI single in the fifth.
Alex Avila added a two-run double in the third and Delmon Young, Brennan Boesch and Ramon Santiago also had run-scoring hits in the inning as the Tigers knocked out Bartolo Colon (3-3) early in their highest-scoring game since putting up 13 runs against Boston in the third game of the season.
The Oakland A's tweeted: "Brandon Inge is the 2nd player in #Athletics history to hit 2 grand slams over a 3-game span; the other is Jimmie Foxx on Sept. 22-24, 1932."
KGO contributed to this report.
oakland athletics, mlb
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- Consumer Reports tests toothbrushes
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown