Miguel Cabrera leads Tigers past A's 10-6
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Miguel Cabrera broke out of a slump with two RBI hits in Detroit's eight-run third inning and the Tigers went on to beat the A's 10-6 on Thursday night.
Cabrera, who came into the game hitless in his previous 14 at-bats, finished with four hits, including an RBI double and a run-scoring single in the big third inning. Cabrera also had an RBI single in the fifth.
Alex Avila added a two-run double in the third and Delmon Young, Brennan Boesch and Ramon Santiago also had run-scoring hits in the inning as the Tigers knocked out Bartolo Colon (3-3) early in their highest-scoring game since putting up 13 runs against Boston in the third game of the season.
The Oakland A's tweeted: "Brandon Inge is the 2nd player in #Athletics history to hit 2 grand slams over a 3-game span; the other is Jimmie Foxx on Sept. 22-24, 1932."
KGO contributed to this report.
oakland athletics, mlb
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos