San Francisco Giants Pablo Sandoval

San Francisco Giants' Pablo Sandoval smiles in the dugout a day after suffering a hand injury during a baseball game against the Miami Marlins in San Francisco, Thursday, May 3, 2012. (AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez) (AP Photo)

Giants slugger Pablo Sandoval will not be facing sexual assault charges for an encounter with a woman back on June 1.

The Santa Cruz County district attorney's office announced Monday it won't file charges against the third baseman.

A 21-year-old woman accused Sandoval of assaulting her June 1 in an Aptos resort after the two met at a downtown Santa Cruz bar. Sandoval said the sex was consensual; she claimed she was too drunk to consent.

Last week, the sheriff's office announced it would not arrest Sandoval due to lack of evidence. Prosecutors said after extensive interviews with witnesses and reviewing security video, they came to the same conclusion.

(Copyright ©2014 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Get more MLB »


Tags:
san francisco giants, crime, sex crimes, mlb
blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement