DA won't charge Giants' Pablo Sandoval
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Giants slugger Pablo Sandoval will not be facing sexual assault charges for an encounter with a woman back on June 1.
The Santa Cruz County district attorney's office announced Monday it won't file charges against the third baseman.
A 21-year-old woman accused Sandoval of assaulting her June 1 in an Aptos resort after the two met at a downtown Santa Cruz bar. Sandoval said the sex was consensual; she claimed she was too drunk to consent.
Last week, the sheriff's office announced it would not arrest Sandoval due to lack of evidence. Prosecutors said after extensive interviews with witnesses and reviewing security video, they came to the same conclusion.
san francisco giants, crime, sex crimes, mlb
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 4 min ago
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side 8 min ago
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court 40 min ago
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos