San Francisco Giants fever reaching new high
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The World Series is hitting a fever pitch in San Francisco where it's 2010 all over again but this time, it's 2012. Giants fans are not even close to being ready for hibernation, not after Monday night's pennant victory.
You could see the hangover from Monday, Tuesday morning's left-over mess from the slugfest that became a slogfest that, toward the end, looked more like a seagoing adventure or maybe even Marco Scutaro imitating Andy Dufresne in the Shawshank Redemption.
It all seemed surreal Monday night but on Tuesday morning, it was back to business as the grounds crew performed a not-so-minor facelift on AT&T Park's 10,000 square foot-infield. Asked if they get overtime, Sr. Vice President of Stadium Operations Jorge Costa said, "They get overtime if they work overtime and they have worked overtime, yes."
Actually, everyone gets overtime as far as baseball season is concerned. It's just about one week from November and the people seen shopping at the Dugout store are not buying orange and black because Halloween is coming. "The wife has got to get geared up now. This is the first season that she's really getting behind the Giants. She's a slow learner. That's why she ended up with me in the first place," Dave Byron said.
How much stuff are the Giants bringing in? They are not saying, but an ABC7 News contact inside UPS says that on Wednesday, they are bringing in an extra 767 jetliner full of souvenirs and memorabilia.
san francisco giants, shopping, mlb, wayne freedman
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 56 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond 24 min ago
- Good Samaritan helps save lives in North Bay fire 12 min ago
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
45 min ago