Local girl gets to handoff World Series Game 2 ball
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- At Game 2 of the World Series on Thursday a very lucky 16-year-old girl is going to get to hand off the game ball at the pitcher's mound.
"I believe I just get the ball and hand it to the pitcher," said Clarissa Fong.
Fong is a junior at South San Francisco High School and she works at the Boys and Girls Club of North San Mateo County in her free time. Boys' and Girls' Clubs teamed up with Major League Baseball this year and Fong was the chosen one for handing over the Game 2 World Series ball.
"Ever since I was a little kid, my brother and me would play baseball, so since it's our local team, I've become a fan of them," said Fong.
"We just decided that Clarissa, with all her great work she does and her background in softball and in sports, that she would be a perfect candidate to enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity," said Issac Davalos from the Boys and Girls Club of North San Mateo County.
Her favorite player is Buster Posey. She's hoping she gets to meet him and to score some autographs. She also gets to see the game.
"Once I get up there, I'm probably going to feel the pressure of everyone watching me and it's probably going to be really nerve-racking, but I'm still going to go out there and just hand over the ball," said Fong.
Fong hopes to one day become a computer engineer for Google and a San Francisco Giants season ticket holder.
san francisco giants, mlb
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday