Giants' World Series trophy makes 1st Bay Area stop
The San Francisco Giants' World Series trophy tour is making its first Bay Area stop today when the team's trophies from both the 2010 and 2012 titles will be available for viewing in Richmond.
The three-month tour, which started last Tuesday in Sacramento and included stops in Chico, Redding and Mt. Shasta last week, allows Giants fans to once again celebrate the World Series sweep over the Detroit Tigers last October.
Today's stop will be at the Richmond Memorial Auditorium at 403 Civic Center Plaza in Richmond, where fans can see the trophies and have their pictures taken with them from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
The event is free, although the team suggests making a $2 donation to the Junior Giants youth baseball program.
The tour will stop in Vallejo on Wednesday. Next week, the trophies will travel across the country to New York City, the Giants' former home, before returning to California later this month.
More stops are planned in February and March, including at the Giants' spring training site in Scottsdale, Ariz., and at the World Baseball Classic at AT&T Park in San Francisco.
The full list of tour dates and locations is available on the team's website at www.sfgiants.com/trophy
san francisco giants, world series, richmond, vallejo, mlb
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Google barge moved to the Port of Stockton
- Pedestrian safety plan announced in San Francisco
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space 56 min ago
- Cronut creator invents 'shots' of milk and cookies
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media...
56 min ago