Report: SF Giants GM says Brian Wilson won't return
NEW YORK (KGO) -- In an interview with the New York Post, San Francisco Giants General Manager Brian Sabean all but confirmed that closing pitcher Brian Wilson will not be returning to the team.
In the article he's quoted as saying, "I'm going to be brutally honest as I always am, I don't [think Wilson will return]. In this case, where you are getting a second Tommy John... it's the type of rehab where he's still not further up along to judge exactly where he may be able to come back in major league fashion, let alone as a closer."
Sabean and Willie Mays are in New York for the Baseball Writers dinner while also attending a reception for the New York Giants Historical Society.
Wilson wants a long-term deal. But the Giants are only willing to offer an incentive-laden one-year deal.
san francisco giants, mlb
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos