Report: SF Giants GM says Brian Wilson won't return
NEW YORK (KGO) -- In an interview with the New York Post, San Francisco Giants General Manager Brian Sabean all but confirmed that closing pitcher Brian Wilson will not be returning to the team.
In the article he's quoted as saying, "I'm going to be brutally honest as I always am, I don't [think Wilson will return]. In this case, where you are getting a second Tommy John... it's the type of rehab where he's still not further up along to judge exactly where he may be able to come back in major league fashion, let alone as a closer."
Sabean and Willie Mays are in New York for the Baseball Writers dinner while also attending a reception for the New York Giants Historical Society.
Wilson wants a long-term deal. But the Giants are only willing to offer an incentive-laden one-year deal.
san francisco giants, mlb
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- San Jose structure fire displaces 5 people
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos