Report: SF Giants GM says Brian Wilson won't return
NEW YORK (KGO) -- In an interview with the New York Post, San Francisco Giants General Manager Brian Sabean all but confirmed that closing pitcher Brian Wilson will not be returning to the team.
In the article he's quoted as saying, "I'm going to be brutally honest as I always am, I don't [think Wilson will return]. In this case, where you are getting a second Tommy John... it's the type of rehab where he's still not further up along to judge exactly where he may be able to come back in major league fashion, let alone as a closer."
Sabean and Willie Mays are in New York for the Baseball Writers dinner while also attending a reception for the New York Giants Historical Society.
Wilson wants a long-term deal. But the Giants are only willing to offer an incentive-laden one-year deal.
san francisco giants, mlb
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos