Report: SF Giants GM says Brian Wilson won't return
NEW YORK (KGO) -- In an interview with the New York Post, San Francisco Giants General Manager Brian Sabean all but confirmed that closing pitcher Brian Wilson will not be returning to the team.
In the article he's quoted as saying, "I'm going to be brutally honest as I always am, I don't [think Wilson will return]. In this case, where you are getting a second Tommy John... it's the type of rehab where he's still not further up along to judge exactly where he may be able to come back in major league fashion, let alone as a closer."
Sabean and Willie Mays are in New York for the Baseball Writers dinner while also attending a reception for the New York Giants Historical Society.
Wilson wants a long-term deal. But the Giants are only willing to offer an incentive-laden one-year deal.
san francisco giants, mlb
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL pipeline
- Senate panel approves weapons for Syrian rebels
- Poll: Teens migrating to Twitter
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Bay Area Super Bowl; Antioch fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday