San Francisco Giants sign Posey to 9-year $167 million contract
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The San Francisco Giants announced Friday that they have signed catcher Buster Posey to the longest contract in team history.
The 26-year-old two-time World Series champion and National League MVP is slated to receive $167 million over the next nine years.
ESPN MLB reports Posey's deal is the longest ever for a catcher and worth the second-most money after Joe Mauer's $184 million, eight-year deal with the Twins. It's also the most money ever guaranteed to a player with fewer than three years of service time.
san francisco giants, mlb
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Good Samaritan alerts family to burning home 48 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body