Giants pitcher returned $500K after contract error
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- If your employer happened to overpay you by, let's say $500,000, would you pay them back?
For San Francisco Giants relief pitcher Jeremy Affeldt, the answer was yes. The overpayment happened when the team negotiated a contract extension with him back in 2010.
His deal called for him to earn $4 million, but a clerical error listed that amount as $4.5 million. Both parties signed the contract without realizing the mistake.
Affeldt returned the money even though legally, the money was his.
san francisco giants, mlb
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire