Giants pitcher returned $500K after contract error
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- If your employer happened to overpay you by, let's say $500,000, would you pay them back?
For San Francisco Giants relief pitcher Jeremy Affeldt, the answer was yes. The overpayment happened when the team negotiated a contract extension with him back in 2010.
His deal called for him to earn $4 million, but a clerical error listed that amount as $4.5 million. Both parties signed the contract without realizing the mistake.
Affeldt returned the money even though legally, the money was his.
san francisco giants, mlb
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday