SF Giants catcher Posey holds baseball camp at St. Ignatius
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Kids dreaming of a big league career got tips from one of the best in the game.
On Wednesday, San Francisco Giants catcher Buster Posey held his first baseball camp at Saint Ignatius College Preparatory School.
The MVP gave kids tips on fielding, throwing, and hitting home runs. His advice was to enjoy playing ball, but don't make it the focus of your life.
"I think it's really important to play different sports," Posey said. "I think it's important to take a lot of pride in being a good student. That will pay off in the long run, regardless of whether you make it professionally or not."
Posey says he attended a few baseball camps as a kid, but never got a visit from a professional baseball player.
He says he learned valuable skills at the camp, but mostly just learned to have fun.
san francisco giants, mlb
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 20 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ 11 min ago
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise 9 min ago
- Accident cleared from EB lanes of the Bay Bridge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Unknown good Samaritan called 911 after man's seizure
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Cal housing vote; Candlestick soccer
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday