SF Giants catcher Posey holds baseball camp at St. Ignatius
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Kids dreaming of a big league career got tips from one of the best in the game.
On Wednesday, San Francisco Giants catcher Buster Posey held his first baseball camp at Saint Ignatius College Preparatory School.
The MVP gave kids tips on fielding, throwing, and hitting home runs. His advice was to enjoy playing ball, but don't make it the focus of your life.
"I think it's really important to play different sports," Posey said. "I think it's important to take a lot of pride in being a good student. That will pay off in the long run, regardless of whether you make it professionally or not."
Posey says he attended a few baseball camps as a kid, but never got a visit from a professional baseball player.
He says he learned valuable skills at the camp, but mostly just learned to have fun.
san francisco giants, mlb
- South African leader Nelson Mandela has died
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Cal signs $18M deal for naming rights at stadium
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- 5th day of searching for SJ CEO turns up empty
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash 7 min ago
- Bay Area bundles up as frigid weather continues
- Marcus Books strikes deal with owners to stay
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: Radiant Orchid 2014 Color of the Year
- roundup: Sports Cap Bandit; SF hit-and-run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
40 min ago