Affeldt helps victim after Caldecott Tunnel crash
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A San Francisco Giants relief pitcher and his firefighter friends happened to be in the right place at the right time when an accident victim needed help.
Jeremy Affeldt drove into the Caldecott Tunnel seconds after an accident on Friday evening. Affeldt had some visiting firefighters riding with him and they freed the woman from her car then took care of her until paramedics arrived.
She escaped with minor injuries.
The firefighters live near Affeldt's off-season home in Spokane, Washington and they visit him in San Francisco every September.
All of them had just witnessed Yusmeiro Petit's near-perfect game.
caldecott tunnel, crash, san francisco giants, mlb
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead' 1 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge 51 min ago
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full...
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos