Affeldt helps victim after Caldecott Tunnel crash
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A San Francisco Giants relief pitcher and his firefighter friends happened to be in the right place at the right time when an accident victim needed help.
Jeremy Affeldt drove into the Caldecott Tunnel seconds after an accident on Friday evening. Affeldt had some visiting firefighters riding with him and they freed the woman from her car then took care of her until paramedics arrived.
She escaped with minor injuries.
The firefighters live near Affeldt's off-season home in Spokane, Washington and they visit him in San Francisco every September.
All of them had just witnessed Yusmeiro Petit's near-perfect game.
caldecott tunnel, crash, san francisco giants, mlb
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced 38 min ago
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home 41 min ago
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Little girl writes letter to store after breaking ornament
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday 25 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
8 min ago
- Vernon's View: "When we play them it's...
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos