SF Giants to greet fans at AT&T Park for annual FanFest
SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco Giants are getting ready to start spring training for the 2014 baseball season, but before they take the field they'll be greeting fans on Saturday at the annual KNBR 680/Giants Fanfest.
Fans will be welcomed into AT&T Park at 10 a.m. free of charge for a day full of activities, with multiple stages featuring presentations such as question-and-answer sessions with players and a fashion show.
Attendees can also get their face painted, play catch on the field, get their photos taken with players and ask for autographs, Giants officials said.
Among the players expected to attend are pitchers Matt Cain, Tim Lincecum and Sergio Romo, first baseman Brandon Belt, outfielders Gregor Blanco and Hunter Pence and catcher Buster Posey.
One player who won't be making it is recently acquired starting pitcher Tim Hudson, who signed with the Giants this offseason after playing the last nine seasons with the Atlanta Braves.
Hudson is in Atlanta and the Giants asked him to stay there rather than try to fly out during the recent ice storms in the southeastern U.S., his wife, Kim Hudson, wrote on Twitter Friday.
She said Hudson would call in during the FanFest activities.
Single-game tickets for the 2014 season will also go on sale starting at 8 a.m. Saturday on sfgiants.com, at AT&T Park ticket windows and at all Giants Dugout Store locations, according to the team.
More information about FanFest is available at http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/sf/fan_forum/fanfest.jsp.
at&t park, san francisco giants, mlb
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud 44 min ago
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman 44 min ago
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont 45 min ago
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market 47 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire 44 min ago
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring 46 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...