Giants Tim Lincecum awarded $100,000 in lawsuit
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco Giants pitcher Tim Lincecum has a win before the season has even started.
Yesterday, he and a former landlord agreed to a $100,000 judgment that started in 2010 after she sued Lincecum claiming he wrecked a Mission district townhouse. The landlord sued Lincecum for $350,000 in damages.
Lincecum countersued saying the allegations were false and released a statement saying he believed it was an attempt to take advantage of his public profile for financial gain. He said he would always defend himself against frivolous lawsuits.
lawsuit, san francisco giants, mlb
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday