Padres' Headley sidelined with strained calf
San Diego Padres third baseman Chase Headley is expected to be sidelined a couple of weeks because of a strained right calf.
Headley was injured in a rundown drill Saturday morning. A team spokesman says he'll likely undergo an MRI on Monday.
Headley had declared himself fit earlier in the week after minor offseason knee surgery.
Headley led the National League with 115 RBIs in 2012 before his numbers dipped last season. He signed a one-year, $10.5 million contact in January and has said he doubts the two sides can reach an agreement on a long-term deal before the start of the regular season.
It's the first significant injury of spring training for the Padres, who were 76-86 last season.
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Major-injury crash blocking lanes on NB I-880 29 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 15 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- San Jose police officer facing sexual...
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos