Pirates sign vet Inge, invite him to spring camp
The Pittsburgh Pirates have signed infielder Brandon Inge.
Inge, who played catcher, infield and outfield for the Detroit Tigers, agreed to a minor league contract on Wednesday and received in invitation to spring training.
Inge, 35, was released by Detroit after just nine games last season, and was signed by Oakland. He hit .226 with 11 home runs and 52 RBIs in 74 games for the Athletics, as they advanced to the postseason.
Originally selected by Detroit in the second round of the 1998 draft, Inge made his debut with the Tigers in 2001, and was an American League All-Star in 2009. Inge has a .234 career average, with 151 home runs, 641 RBIs and 1,147 hits.
The Pirates now have 61 players in major league camp.
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes 27 min ago
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk 24 min ago
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on...
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos