Rangers ship prospect Olt, Tateyama to minors
The Texas Rangers have optioned prospect Mike Olt to Triple-A Round Rock and reassigned right-handed reliever Yoshinori Tateyama to their minor league camp.
Olt was a long shot to make the Opening Day roster as a corner infielder and outfielder. He was hitting just .194 with a team-high 12 strikeouts in spring training.
Tateyama has a 4.50 ERA in four innings this spring. He has a career ERA of 5.75 in 61 innings over two major league seasons.
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Good Samaritan helps save lives in North Bay fire
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos