Rockies' De La Rosa (tight forearm) scratched
Colorado Rockies left-hander Jorge De La Rosa missed his scheduled start against the San Diego Padres on Saturday night because of a tight left forearm.SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Colorado Rockies left-hander Jorge De La Rosa missed his scheduled start against the San Diego Padres on Saturday night because of a tight left forearm.
Jeff Manship started in place of De La Rosa, who is Colorado's highest-paid player at $11 million for the 2013 season. De La Rosa may be able to pitch as soon as Sunday against the Milwaukee Brewers in Maryvale.
It's the second time in two days that a key member of Colorado's rotation missed a start with a minor injury. Opening Day starter Jhoulys Chacin missed his start Friday after tweaking his back during a workout a day earlier but is expected to pitch two innings in a relief role against the Padres.
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos