O's Betemit suffers sprained ligament to knee
Baltimore Orioles designated hitter Wilson Betemit suffered a sprained ligament in his right knee in the fifth inning of Monday's game with Boston.
The team later specified that Betemit was diagnosed with a Grade 2-3 tear of the PCL ligament.
The 31-year-old Betemit, who was the Orioles' regular third baseman until the recall of Manny Machado last August, was on first base and running on the pitch when Machado flied to left. He collapsed near second base and was carted off the field.
When he reached the clubhouse, trainers put a leg brace on Betemit.
The team says he will be reevaluated on Tuesday.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos