Angels put 3B Callaspo on DL with calf strain
The Los Angeles Angels have placed third baseman Alberto Callaspo on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right calf.
The Angels' move Friday is retroactive to April 12.
Callaspo hasn't played since April 11, sitting out five straight games. He batted .273 in the first nine games for the struggling Angels, who opened a six-game homestand against Detroit on Friday night.
Los Angeles is missing half of its starting infield without Callaspo and shortstop Erick Aybar, who went on the disabled list last weekend with a sore left heel.
The Angels recalled right-handed reliever Michael Kohn from Triple-A Salt Lake to take Callaspo's roster spot. He has appeared in 38 games for Los Angeles over the past two seasons.
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos