Indians' Myers to have tests done on forearm
Indians manager Terry Francona said starter Brett Myers will fly back to Cleveland on Sunday to have tests done on his forearm.HOUSTON -- Indians manager Terry Francona said starter Brett Myers will fly back to Cleveland on Sunday to have tests done on his forearm.
Myers lost Friday night's game and said afterward he has been struggling with tendinitis in his throwing arm this season.
Kazmir has been on the DL with an abdominal strain. Saturday's game will be his first major league start since April 3, 2011. He made one rehabilitation start and allowed five hits and one run -- none earned -- in five innings.
The Indians optioned infielder Cord Phelps to Triple-A Columbus to make room for Kazmir on the roster.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Group still fighting to save Ice Center in San Mateo
- Clippers beat Warriors 98-96 for 2-1 series lead 46 min ago
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- 11 kids, driver hurt in SoCal school bus crash
- Paul McCartney will play final show at Candlestick
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Company seeks professional bruncher in SF
- 7OYS investigates Discount Gold Brokers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect...
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos