A's Anderson (ankle) to be re-evaluated Sunday
Oakland Athletics manager Bob Melvin said starter Brett Anderson felt better Saturday, one day after he left following the first inning of an 8-3 loss to Tampa Bay with a sprained right ankle.ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Oakland Athletics manager Bob Melvin said starter Brett Anderson felt better Saturday, one day after he left following the first inning of an 8-3 loss to Tampa Bay with a sprained right ankle.
The left-hander didn't do any on-field work Saturday. Melvin says the status of Anderson's next scheduled start Wednesday at Boston will be evaluated on Sunday.
Scribner threw three innings in relief of Anderson on Friday.
Also, Yoenis Cespedes, on the 15-day disabled list because of a strained left hand muscle, swung a fungo bat Saturday. Melvin said the outfielder might hit off a tee Sunday.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 54 min ago
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos