Indians place Myers on DL with elbow injury
The Cleveland Indians have placed starter Brett Myers on the 15-day disabled list with inflammation in his right elbow.HOUSTON -- The Cleveland Indians have placed starter Brett Myers on the 15-day disabled list with inflammation in his right elbow.
The move is retroactive to Saturday, and they selected the contract of right-hander Fernando Nieve from Triple-A Columbus to take his spot on the roster.
Myers was scheduled to fly back to Cleveland on Sunday for tests on his elbow. Manager Terry Francona says the Indians knew he wouldn't be able to make his next start and needed another pitcher in the bullpen.
Myers is 0-3 with an 8.02 ERA in three starts and one relief appearances this season, allowing an MLB-high 10 homers.
Right-hander Corey Kluber will start in place of Myers on Wednesday against the White Sox.
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos