Chacin goes on DL with strained lower back
The Colorado Rockies have placed pitcher Jhoulys Chacin on the 15-day disabled list with a lower back strain.DENVER -- The Colorado Rockies have placed pitcher Jhoulys Chacin on the 15-day disabled list with a lower back strain.
The move is retroactive to Saturday. To take Chacin's place on the roster, the team recalled right-hander Rob Scahill from Triple-A Colorado Springs on Sunday.
Chacin was cruising Friday against Arizona when he stretched and grimaced after his 99th pitch. He grabbed his side after his 100th pitch and then left the contest.
Initially, the Rockies thought it might be a strained left oblique, but after reevaluating Chacin the next day the team said the injury centered on his back.
The hard-throwing righty is 3-0 with a 1.46 ERA this season. He was the Rockies' starter on opening day.
Scahill has made five relief appearances for the Sky Sox, going 2-0 with a 4.26 ERA.
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition 54 min ago
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos