Oswalt reaches minor league deal with Rockies
The Colorado Rockies have agreed to a minor-league deal with three-time All-Star pitcher Roy Oswalt.DENVER -- The Colorado Rockies have agreed to a minor league deal with three-time All-Star pitcher Roy Oswalt.
The team announced the news on its Twitter account Thursday, with Oswalt expected to report to extended spring training.
The 35-year-old Oswalt has a career record of 163-96. He's also 4-0 with a 2.25 ERA at Coors Field.
On his Twitter account, Oswalt tweeted: "Always loved the mountains, im back!"
Oswalt hasn't pitched in the majors since Oct. 2, when he was with the Texas Rangers. He's also played for Houston and Philadelphia.
The first-place Rockies certainly could use a boost on the mound with righty Jhoulys Chacin on the 15-day disabled list due to a strained lower back.
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose 45 min ago
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos