Report: Reid Ryan to be new Astros president
Reid Ryan, the son of Hall of Fame pitcher Nolan Ryan, will be named the next president of the Houston Astros, MLB.com reported.
Reid Ryan, the son of Hall of Fame pitcher Nolan Ryan, will be named the next president of the Houston Astros, MLB.com reported Thursday.
According to the report, the Astros will introduce Reid Ryan at a Friday news conference.
The hiring of Reid Ryan will end a short search for a new president after George Postolos announced his resignation Monday.
Reid Ryan, 41, has been serving on the board of trustees for Major League Baseball, the executive committee of the Pacific Coast League and is the board of trustees representative for the Baseball Internet Rights Company.
Reid Ryan's father played nine of his 27 major league seasons with the Astros, and is baseball's all-time strikeout leader. He is currently president and CEO of the Texas Rangers.
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies 27 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos