Braun not in Brewers lineup day after return
Ryan Braun is out of the Milwaukee Brewers' starting lineup against the Cincinnati Reds to rest his sore right thumb.
Braun started Tuesday night after missing 26 games because of an inflamed nerve in his right hand that was painful when swinging a bat.
Manager Ron Roenicke said Wednesday that he planned to play Braun on Thursday when the Brewers open a four-game series at Arizona before the All-Star break.
"I don't think I'd start him three games there," Roenicke said, "but he may come after that first one and say, 'I feel great.' If he feels great then maybe we do it."
Braun went 1-for-3 in his return Tuesday. He is batting .304 with nine home runs and 36 RBIs in 58 games.
Braun's return came with news that he and several other players have refused to cooperate with Major League Baseball in the Biogenesis investigation, sources told ESPN.
Braun, who has repeatedly denied using performance-enhancing drugs, refused to answer questions during a June 29 meeting with MLB about his connection to Tony Bosch and the Biogenesis clinic in Miami, sources told "Outside the Lines."
Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters 37 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 53 min ago
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos