Mauer still not clear of concussion symptoms
Minnesota Twins catcher Joe Mauer has not cleared his concussion symptoms yet.
Mauer was missing from the lineup for the 16th straight game Friday, when the Twins started a series against Toronto. The All-Star said after taking batting practice he had "a good day," but the recovery process has been slow.
Mauer said there's no timetable for his return but that he hopes to be back "sooner than later." He was hurt on Aug. 19, hit in the facemask by a foul ball.
General manager Terry Ryan said Mauer has had no setbacks and he doesn't have "any doubt" that Mauer will play again this season.
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events 26 min ago
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Deadline looms to complete Covered CA applications
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview 57 min ago
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Sonoma County crash; Sunday parking in SF
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos