Mauer still not clear of concussion symptoms
Minnesota Twins catcher Joe Mauer has not cleared his concussion symptoms yet.
Mauer was missing from the lineup for the 16th straight game Friday, when the Twins started a series against Toronto. The All-Star said after taking batting practice he had "a good day," but the recovery process has been slow.
Mauer said there's no timetable for his return but that he hopes to be back "sooner than later." He was hurt on Aug. 19, hit in the facemask by a foul ball.
General manager Terry Ryan said Mauer has had no setbacks and he doesn't have "any doubt" that Mauer will play again this season.
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- Sharks beat Kings 4-3 in OT, take 3-0 series lead
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos