WNBA drafts Stanford, Cal players
The WNBA held its draft on Thursday. UConn's Tina Charles was the overall No. 1 pick; she went to the Connecticut Sun.
Stanford's Jane Appel was the fifth player taken. She was drafted by San Antonio.
Appel led the Cardinal to three straight Final Fours and this year's national championship game.
Cal's Alexis Gray Lawson was taken by Washington in the third round. She is the bears all-time leader in games played and three point field goals.
stanford cardinal, cal bears, nba
- Man implaed, killed by pipe through windshield 1 min ago
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado 41 min ago
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO 16 min ago
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Overhead wire problems disrupt service on Muni
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feintsein's vote 21 min ago
- UK officials: Radical Islam drives London attack
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area 36 min ago
- Dealers in training ahead of new casino opening
- Stray pony found wandering Richmond's Iron Triangle 58 min ago
- Snacking deputy's crash costs Santa Clara Co. $5M
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Harvey Milk events; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
49 min ago
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma...
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos