Warriors draft pick Udoh meets with local media
OAKLAND, CA (KGO) -- A day after making Ekpe Udoh the sixth player taken in the NBA draft, the Golden State Warriors had their new big man in town to meet the local media.
Nicknamed "The Nightmare" because of his shot blocking skills, the 6-foot-10, 240-pounder out of Baylor brings both size and defense. One reason the Warriors took Udoh was because he really wanted to be here despite the team's losing ways.
"I'm happy to be here. I know when it comes to the fans, I mean it's one of the best in the NBA; the last five years, averaging 18,000," he said. "The way they play is kind of the way Coach Drew let us play last year -- high octane offense. I'm ready to come in and work hard."
He has an ability to anticipate. everybody does react defensively, but anticipation gives you a little bit of an edge and he has that.")) Warriors general manager Larry Riley said.
The Warriors are hoping Udoh will team up well with young point guard Stephen Curry, a runner-up to the Rookie of the Year award last season.
golden state warriors, nba, nba
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival 37 min ago
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun 37 min ago
- Man prefers 3D-printed hand to pricey prostheses 2 min ago
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher 41 min ago
- Mom bites dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway...
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos