Warriors draft pick Udoh meets with local media
OAKLAND, CA (KGO) -- A day after making Ekpe Udoh the sixth player taken in the NBA draft, the Golden State Warriors had their new big man in town to meet the local media.
Nicknamed "The Nightmare" because of his shot blocking skills, the 6-foot-10, 240-pounder out of Baylor brings both size and defense. One reason the Warriors took Udoh was because he really wanted to be here despite the team's losing ways.
"I'm happy to be here. I know when it comes to the fans, I mean it's one of the best in the NBA; the last five years, averaging 18,000," he said. "The way they play is kind of the way Coach Drew let us play last year -- high octane offense. I'm ready to come in and work hard."
He has an ability to anticipate. everybody does react defensively, but anticipation gives you a little bit of an edge and he has that.")) Warriors general manager Larry Riley said.
The Warriors are hoping Udoh will team up well with young point guard Stephen Curry, a runner-up to the Rookie of the Year award last season.
golden state warriors, nba, nba
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue 19 min ago
- Online retailers take part in Free Shipping Day
- Woman distracted by FB on phone falls off pier 7 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 39 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
40 min ago
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY...
19 min ago