Warriors team to be sold
OAKLAND, CA (KGO) -- Relief may be imminent for long-suffering Warrior fans. There are various reports indicating the team is about to be sold, presumably to Oracle billionaire Larry Ellison, bringing an end to the wretched Chris Cohan era.
Cohan put the Warriors up for sale this Spring, hoping to get bids in the neighborhood of $400 million. He bought the team 15 years ago for $119 million, which is a pretty nice return on investment for a franchise that has only made the playoffs once under the Cohan regime.
Ellison reportedly joined forces with current minority owners, who control 20 percent of the team. As one of the richest men in the world, Ellison was considered the front-runner all along, with 24-Hour Fitness founder Mark Mastrov believed to be the other finalist in the bidding.
However, whoever owns the team won't have top draft pick Ekpe Udoh for four to six months. The forward from Baylor will have wrist surgery on Wednesday.
There is some mystery about how that wrist got hurt. The Warriors said it occurred during a team workout, but there is suspicion Udoh actually injured it working out on his own.
At least he wasn't on Monta's moped.
And then there's Brandan Wright who will sit out the rest of the summer league after tweaking his surgically-repaired left shoulder.
Wright is heading into his third season, but the Warriors have no idea if the guy can play because he is always hurt.
For Wright, it is going to be all about being healthy.
golden state warriors, nba, larry beil
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California 46 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 50 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash