Lin's high school coach to be at Sunday's game
PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- The Bay Area's own NBA sensation Jeremy Lin has received another honor today - gracing the latest Time magazine cover, after leading the Knicks to seven straight victories.
And this Sunday, watching him play against the Dallas Mavericks will be Lin's Palo Alto high school coach Peter Diepenbrock. A friend of a friend of Lin's set Diepenbrock up courtside - near the likes of Hollywood director and Lin fan Spike Lee. Two of Lin's former teammates will also make the trip. Diepenbrock is getting Spike Lee a Lin high school jersey to wear to this Friday's game against New Orleans.
palo alto, golden state warriors, nba
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced 42 min ago
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student 41 min ago
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms
- Little girl writes letter to store after breaking ornament
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Vernon's View: "When we play them...it's...
6 min ago
- Trial begins in Montana newlywed murder case
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos