FedEx driver predicted Lin's stardom
OREGON (KGO) -- Jeremy Lin's meteoric rise to NBA stardom seems to have shot up out of nowhere, but a delivery guy from Oregon says he predicted "linsanity."
By day, Ed Weiland, drives a FedEx truck and by night, the self-proclaimed "stat-head" spends hours in his Oregon apartment pouring over obscure basketball statistics.
Two years ago, he authored a blog proclaiming Palo Alto's own Jeremy Lin to be one of the best point guards in college basketball. At the time, no one listened.
"When I led the 2010 preview off with Jeremy Lin, the idea was that if and when he broke out there might be some notoriety there. I obviously never expected anything like this," said Weiland.
Weiland is making headlines now and looking pretty smart among his fellow stat-heads.
palo alto, nba
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was deliberate
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future 12 min ago
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station 40 min ago
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- Police arrest woman in connection with shooting
- Crews control one-alarm house fire in Antioch 59 min ago
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos