Report: Sac. Kings negotiating move to Virginia
SACRAMENTO (KGO) -- A Virginia newspaper is reporting the Sacramento Kings may soon move across country. The paper is reporting team owners, the Maloof family, are negotiating to move the Kings to Virginia Beach.
Under terms of the deal, the Kings would get a new arena and Comcast would get broadcast and naming rights. Inside Business says the deal will be official next Wednesday after the Maloofs meet with city leaders. A $300 million deal to keep the Kings in Sacramento fell apart recently when they couldn't work out the financing.
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday