Warriors arena to bring millions of dollars to San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The financial benefits the Golden State Warriors would bring to San Francisco are estimated at $54 million.
The Warriors plan to build a new 17,000 seat waterfront arena at Piers 30 and 32.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, a new study released Friday projects $54 million in one-time revenue followed by $19 million each year after that.
The estimate assumes the multi-use arena would hold events outside of basketball season.
oakland, golden state warriors, nba
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos