Warriors arena to bring millions of dollars to San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The financial benefits the Golden State Warriors would bring to San Francisco are estimated at $54 million.
The Warriors plan to build a new 17,000 seat waterfront arena at Piers 30 and 32.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, a new study released Friday projects $54 million in one-time revenue followed by $19 million each year after that.
The estimate assumes the multi-use arena would hold events outside of basketball season.
oakland, golden state warriors, nba
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF 12 min ago
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration...
12 min ago