Warriors arena to bring millions of dollars to San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The financial benefits the Golden State Warriors would bring to San Francisco are estimated at $54 million.
The Warriors plan to build a new 17,000 seat waterfront arena at Piers 30 and 32.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, a new study released Friday projects $54 million in one-time revenue followed by $19 million each year after that.
The estimate assumes the multi-use arena would hold events outside of basketball season.
oakland, golden state warriors, nba
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight 48 min ago
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond 46 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 28 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
45 min ago