Warriors arena to bring millions of dollars to San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The financial benefits the Golden State Warriors would bring to San Francisco are estimated at $54 million.
The Warriors plan to build a new 17,000 seat waterfront arena at Piers 30 and 32.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, a new study released Friday projects $54 million in one-time revenue followed by $19 million each year after that.
The estimate assumes the multi-use arena would hold events outside of basketball season.
oakland, golden state warriors, nba
- Palo Alto man detained in NKorea lands at SFO 5 min ago
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 29 min ago
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- Batkid returning to SF for fundraising walk
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday