Labor deal in place for proposed Warriors arena in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A labor deal is now in place for the proposed Warriors arena in San Francisco.
The deal agreed to by the city, the team, as well as trade unions and community groups, guarantees that a minimum of 25 percent of those hired to build the arena will be San Francisco residents.
Proponents say the project will create 4,300 jobs.
The proposed arena will be located at Piers 30-32, just south of the Bay Bridge, and will be open by the 2017-18 NBA season.
oakland, golden state warriors, nba
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Concession workers launch one-day strike at AT&T
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying 47 min ago
- PG&E disputes record fine for San Bruno blast
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- Protesters to march vs Monsanto in 250 cities
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Officials warn of fire danger heading into holiday
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos