Labor deal in place for proposed Warriors arena in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A labor deal is now in place for the proposed Warriors arena in San Francisco.
The deal agreed to by the city, the team, as well as trade unions and community groups, guarantees that a minimum of 25 percent of those hired to build the arena will be San Francisco residents.
Proponents say the project will create 4,300 jobs.
The proposed arena will be located at Piers 30-32, just south of the Bay Bridge, and will be open by the 2017-18 NBA season.
oakland, golden state warriors, nba
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos