Dennis Rodman hoops it up in North Korea
PYONGYANG, North Korea (KGO) -- Former NBA star Dennis Rodman arrived in North Korea Tuesday morning on a goodwill basketball mission.
Rodman is in the communist country with several Harlem Globetrotters and a crew from Vice Magazine. They're planning to run a basketball camp for kids, and play some pickup games with locals.
The trip is part of a new TV show airing on HBO this spring.
The State Department says it was not contacted about the trip.
north korea, television, celebrity, nba
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1 39 min ago
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel 13 min ago
- Fire burns 50 acres in Benicia 9 min ago
- Hayward BART reopens after fatality on track 26 min ago
- Sacramento discusses self-driving car regulations
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- SF to vote on new regulations for food trucks 22 min ago
- Concord police arm car owners with Clubs 28 min ago
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: SF hospital fire; SF Giants unveil cafe
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Fire burns 50 acres in Benicia
9 min ago