San Antonio Spurs beat Warriors in Game 6 of WC Semifinals and advance to Finals
OAKLAND, Calif. -- The San Antonio Spurs held off a furious final rally to beat the Golden State Warriors 94-82 in Game 6 on Thursday night and advance to the Western Conference finals.
Tim Duncan had 19 points and six rebounds, Kawhi Leonard scored 16 points and the Spurs won the series in six games.
Tony Parker shook off a poor start to score 10 of his 13 points in the fourth quarter. Tiago Splitter added a career-playoff high 14 points for San Antonio, which led by 13 late in the third quarter.
Stephen Curry shot 10 of 25 from the floor to score 22 points on a nagging left ankle. Jarrett Jack had 15 points as the injury-saddled Warriors wore down. The Spurs outshot Golden State 45 percent to 39 percent.
Second-seeded San Antonio will open the conference finals at home against Memphis on Sunday.
golden state warriors, nba
- Frigid temperatures grip Bay Area, break records 1 min ago
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Officer-involved shooting shuts down I-5
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro apartment fire
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- Northern California couple has rare triplets
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Former SF supe sued; New Sebastopol mayor
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday