Warriors PG Stephen Curry set to receive key to city
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The city of San Francisco will declare May 21 as Golden State Warriors Day.
The city will celebrate the team's winning season and playoff run. Mayor Ed Lee is expected to give Stephen Curry the key to the city at a free event which will be held at City Hall at 11:30 a.m.
The Warriors may have lost in the second round of the playoffs but, their season's success went far beyond expectations.
The Golden State finished the season 47 and 35 to come in second place in the Pacific Division.
golden state warriors, ed lee, nba
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- 10-year-old girl to become Wonder Girl in Vallejo 38 min ago
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos