Warriors PG Stephen Curry set to receive key to city
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The city of San Francisco will declare May 21 as Golden State Warriors Day.
The city will celebrate the team's winning season and playoff run. Mayor Ed Lee is expected to give Stephen Curry the key to the city at a free event which will be held at City Hall at 11:30 a.m.
The Warriors may have lost in the second round of the playoffs but, their season's success went far beyond expectations.
The Golden State finished the season 47 and 35 to come in second place in the Pacific Division.
golden state warriors, ed lee, nba
- Campbell police seek witnesses in fatal stabbing
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY
- DUI checkpoints dot the Bay Area on St. Paddy's Day 20 min ago
- Police search for clues in fatal Concord hit-and-run
- Putin declares Crimea 'sovereign and independent'
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- New book reveals Steve Jobs nixed Apple TV idea 21 min ago
- GitHub employee quits; Alleges sexism in workplace 49 min ago
- Man fatally struck by train in Berkeley this morning
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- DUI checkpoints dot the Bay Area on St....
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos