New Oracle Arena amenities for Warriors fans
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- The new billion-dollar arena for the Golden State Warriors on San Francisco's waterfront is months behind its original schedule.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the costs to repair Piers 30 and 32, which will hold the venue, have increased by as much as $50 million. The team could miss its targeted opening date.
Representatives with the Warriors are downplaying the delays as routine for a complex project. They say the new arena will be ready for the start of the 2017 NBA season.
golden state warriors, construction, nba, oracle arena, oakland, food, nba
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- SUV crashes into gas station in Oakland 57 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos