Harlem Globetrotters dunk goes wrong in Honduras
HONDURAS (KGO) -- The Harlem Globetrotters are famous for their antics on the basketball court. But one trick became a true show stopper when William "Bull" Bullard tried a slam dunk that backfired on him.
During an exhibition game in Honduras, Bullard held on to the rim after a dunk, but the backboard gave way and came crashing down, right over the top of him.
He lay motionless on the court next to a mound of shattered glass with a nasty gash on his head. But, he eventually got up to the delight of the crowd.
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found 51 min ago
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Thousands protest ahead of Fukushima anniversary
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible 51 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts 39 min ago
- Footage examined to ID two with stolen...
26 min ago