Bucks' Sanders will get 2nd opinion on back
Milwaukee Bucks forward Larry Sanders missed his third consecutive game Monday night due to a lower back contusion. He said he would get a second opinion on the injury.MILWAUKEE -- Milwaukee Bucks forward Larry Sanders missed his third consecutive game Monday night due to a lower back contusion. He said he would get a second opinion on the injury.
Sanders said his back didn't seem to be healing and he hadn't had this much pain from any bone bruises in the past.
A bone scan conducted after Sanders fell hard on Feb. 5 at Denver did not show any fracture.
"We're probably going to make arrangements for him to go see somebody," Bucks coach Jim Boylan said before Milwaukee hosted Washington.
Boylan said Sanders still is listed as day-to-day.
"We'll see where we stand tomorrow and Wednesday, but for right now, tonight, he's out," Boylan said.
A strong defender who has blocked at least one shot in 33 consecutive games, Sanders is averaging 8.5 points, 8.5 rebounds and 3.1 blocks.
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos