Firm not releasing more information on Hunter
The law firm that assembled a report critical of NBA union head Billy Hunter's leadership said it won't publicly release further information about its research because the government is investigating the matter.NEW YORK -- The law firm that assembled a report critical of NBA union head Billy Hunter's leadership said it won't publicly release further information about its research because the government is investigating the matter.
The firm had hoped to release a supplement to the January report that said Hunter withheld knowledge that his contract was never properly approved, used poor judgment with his hiring practices and spent improperly on travel and gifts. The report by Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison found no evidence of illegal use of union funds.
Hunter was placed on indefinite leave and his future could be voted on by players at a meeting during the All-Star weekend that begins Friday in Houston.
The firm says it will still present information to the union membership in Houston.
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos