Bogut not on Warriors' trip due to back injury
Golden State Warriors center Andrew Bogut isn't traveling with the team for the beginning of a five-game road trip at Minnesota on Sunday because of a nagging back injury.
The team said Saturday night an MRI revealed that a protruding disk in Bogut's back is causing spasms. There's still a chance Bogut could return later in the trip, which includes stops at Indiana, New York, Boston and Philadelphia.
The injury kept Bogut out of Golden State's 107-101 overtime win over San Antonio at home Friday night. He has missed 43-of-55 games this season, mostly while recovering from microfracture surgery on his left ankle.
The 7-foot Australian center is averaging 7.1 points, 6.5 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 22.5 minutes in 12 games.
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing 57 min ago
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Warriors give Oakland High School students 3D printer 55 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos