LeBron: Posterizing Celtics' Terry was pleasure
It's fair to say LeBron James has no regrets about putting one of the dunks of the year on Celtics guard and personal rival Jason Terry on Monday night.
James created one of the season's best highlights when he surprised Terry on a fast break and dunked over him, sending Terry to the court.
Speaking before the Miami Heat took on the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday, James said he felt the play enacted some revenge on Terry for smack talk he has directed at James and the Heat over the last several seasons.
"I've had a chance to [review] it, and it was one of my better ones," James said. "The fact that it happened to J.T. made it that much sweeter. Because we all know J.T. and he talks too much sometimes. And I'm glad it happened to him."
The James-Terry rivalry started in 2011 when Terry said James wouldn't be able to guard him effectively for the entire NBA Finals when the Heat took on Terry's Dallas Mavericks. Terry finished the series strong offensively, and the Mavericks won the title 4-2.
"I'm welcoming the challenge," Terry said then. "We're going to see if he can do it for seven games."
Last week, Terry said he wasn't impressed with the Heat's then-21-game winning streak, which has now reached 23 games.
"[I'm] not really impressed with it or anything that they do," Terry said.
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos